Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Thanks in Advance

We have had a couple of rough days, God. We got some unexpected news that will change the course of our lives for a while.  You know this because not only did You know it was coming, it passed through Your hands.  Not only did it pass through Your hands, but you decided it was our next season.  I just want to thank You in advance.  

I want to thank you in advance because not only did You know it was coming, it passed through Your hands, and You decided it was for us, but YOU ARE WALKING IT WITH US.  From the moment Michael started going down, You held him together enough to call for help.  And to keep his head out of the pool.  You had our neighbors on their back deck and they heard him yell for the kids.  The ambulance staff were where we needed them; thank You for putting them there.  Thank You for that big stupid disgusting revolting spider you put on my door that made me too chicken to get out that I drove all the way to McGirk to get him off, instead of going straight to the store where I couldn't have heard my phone.  Thank you for the doctor You had on call.  

But more importantly than all that, thank You in advance for the trial that is going to refine us.  Thank You for being near to us during this trial and holding our hands or holding us up.  Thank You in advance for the good work You will do in us.  

I need to say thank You now, God, because there are going to be days when I am going to be too tired to do it.  There are going to be days that I am angry or hurt or mad or sad.  There are going to be days when I feel You have abandoned us.  Thank You for the grace You will extend to me during these times when I am complaining or feeling sorry for myself or lashing out.  

I know we will be stronger and closer to You and to each other when this season passes.  I look forward to that day when I can look back and see every step of the journey that You were with us.  But until then, thank You in advance for the promise that You work all things for the good of those who love You.  And we do love You.

Thank you for holding us, now and in the future.  




No comments:

Post a Comment