Friday, May 18, 2012

The Countdown Begins

Not sure what happened to this post, but I wrote it on 5/2/2012.  So posting it now.

5/2/2012
82 days.  In 82 days I will be conquering my fear (or phobia) of flying over water.  I will be in the air en route to London, England for the Olympics.  As those of you who know me well know, I don't sleep during the Olympics.  I am addicted to the Summer Games and watch at all hours of night and day.  However, since they took softball out in 2008 (and 2012), I haven't actually set an alarm to wake up for a 3:00 a.m. game for a while.


BUT...that isn't the point this time.  I won't actually be seeing the games (so watch out trusty DVR, you will be full by the time I get home!).  What is causing me to go someplace I have always wanted to go during the Games I love so much, especially when I won't be seeing much, if any, of either one?  CHRIST!


London - the capital of the world - home to over 12 million people in the metropolitan area - and soon to be home of the 2012 Olympics.  The whole world will be converging on this fascinating city.  What better place than London to share the gospel of Christ?


So I hope you will go on this journey with me and the rest of the team members.  How?  By reading this blog when I post about London and be in prayer for the team, that God will prepare the hearts of those with whom we will have contact, and that He will give us the right words to say.  I am not seeking the lost world, He is.  I am just His tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment