Monday, February 25, 2013

Date Night - February

February 1 came and went.  This month's date was completing the books "Do you know your wife?" and "Do you know your husband?"  Silly me, I assumed that they would take half hour, hour tops.  ha ha ha ha.  We decided to go out on 2/15 ~ Grams was at our house, Hayley was there, kiddos were well taken care of ~ to celebrate my birthday a day early and to have "date night".  We used the Red Lobster gift card we received for Christmas, thanks to Michael's sister Chris.  But what JC date night is complete without a trip to Wal-Mart.

After the WM trip, we went to RL and started working on our books.  We got there around 8:30ish.  And were still there at around 10.  We didn't want the place to close around us so we went to the mall parking lot and worked on them more.  And more.  Then made it interesting by betting who would win (me of course!!) and started through the 100 questions each.  At midnight I gave up and begged him to take me to Hy-Vee so I could pee!!  (how vulgar, I know...) and get a drink.  Then back to the van to finish.  And I kid you not, sometime after 12:30 we finally finished.  No joke.  We laughed, we talked, it was a lot of fun, and of course lots of shrimp.  We didn't get home until 1 and then couldn't sleep til 2.  Let me just say I was D.R.A.G.G.I.N.G that day (my birthday) because my best baby boy got me up at 5.  By the time I got him to sleep at 6, my best baby girl was up.  Seriously.  No sleep for the wicked.  So my birthday ended up being a jammy kinda day all day long.

What did I learn?  Learning how much you know each other is fun.  I recommend it. 
What else did I learn?  Start it MUCH earlier than 8:30.
What ELSE did I learn?  I DID NOT WIN.  :(  I did not know that was possible.



1 comment:

  1. You win some, you lose some! I hope you did it graciously! And Michael is a pretty smart and observant (at times) fellow! MOM

    ReplyDelete