We set up tents and other things - people started showing around 5:30, then the festivities began. Bouncy houses - I forget what they called them - hamburgers and sausages on a roll, drinks, popcorn, candy, and let's not forget the big screen!
Then the opening ceremony began. It was AWESOME. When Team GB (Team Great Britain) came out the common exploded with shouting, yelling, singing, British flags, the works. It really was spectacular. And yes the Americans yelled for the Americans. I took a LOT of pics. But since it is 1:30 a.m. and we just got back here about 15 minutes ago, I am going to sign off here, find a sweatshirt and hide under a comforter. We Missourians are FREEZING in this 60 degree breezy weather.
Prayer requests for the team:
- a few are feeling a bit under the weather - mostly aches and pains from manual work or walking around a lot
- tomorrow is our day off - some are resting at the hostel and others are going to downtown London - either way prayers for safety if traveling or fabulous rest
- fabulous rest for all of us tonight - we started at 8:00 a.m. this morning with devotion and as I mentioned above we got back to the hostel about 1:15.
- please pray for our families we left behind, especially little kiddos. I know I sure miss mine.
- Please continue to pray for those who we will come into contact with over the next week that God will prepare us to talk to them and prepare their hearts to hear His word.