Monday, July 2, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Where did the time go?  Last time I blogged I had 67 days.  Now, just 22.  I have been so super busy that the time has just flown by.  I thought I had plenty of time, but suddenly find that I am quickly running out of time.  Part of me is still in denial - maybe I don't want all of me to realize I will be flying over water.  Part of me is super psyched and ready to get going!  I am not going to lie, I have always wanted to be in London.  Something about London just fascinates me.  But more than anything, I want to be changed by London.  I want to be radically changed so that my entire life reflects the Son and I am on fire every day, every hour. 

During the 45 days I have not posted, I have been very busy.  My kids' school year ended, so I now have a soon-to-be junior in college, junior in high school, kindergartner, and preschooler.  Amberlie started kindergarten summer school and is taking swim lessons.  Jake is doing weightlifting every morning at 6:00 a.m. (when will he get his license??) for football and preparing to leave for El Salvador in 10 days...TEN DAYS!!  Hayley is away for the summer again.  I hate that.  Breckin is my shadow, goes everywhere I go. 

We have been to Nebraska, Tennessee, Virginia (and the states in between), and Branson.  We visited family and friends.  We ate awesome nachos, ate at a restaurant with a car hanging above our heads from the ceiling, and swam in the ocean.  We had Chick-Fil-A a couple of times, but that is never enough. 

We have crafted and painted and colored.  Taken naps, stayed up way too late, and played. 

And before I know it, summer will be over.  I thought that two weeks ago when June was only half over.  But I will be spending the next 3 weeks getting Jake ready for El Salvador and me ready for London.  I will be trying to spend as much time with my babies as possible as well, because 6 days after I return, I will be helping Hayley move from camp back to school.  7 days after that my two middle ones will be starting school. 

Sometimes our time just isn't enough.  But I am thankful that my family knows the Father of time.  When this life is over, we will have eternity to worship and praise the Father together.  I am so thankful for the time I have now and just hope and pray that I use it wisely and for His glory, while raising up these future men and women. 

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Rachel....I know God will use all of these experiences to bring you closer to Him. Thank you for all you do and for your Christian role model to everyone you come in contact with. Bless you all. Love and prayers, Marcia

    ReplyDelete