Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 38

In the Traver dreamland, day 38 has been six days long.  I'm not going to lie.  An absolute and complete failure of epic proportions.  I just can't figure out where my day is going!  I am a stay at home mom.  My house should be neat, my children dressed nicely with their hair combed, dinner ought to be on the table at 6 when the hubs comes home, my Christmas decorations should have been put up on January 6, and my devotions should be done every day. 

Wrong.  My house is in an utter state of despair.  Christmas stuff everywhere.  Craft stuff everywhere.  14,000 toys.  Everywhere.  I can't seem to just sit down and purge.

My children are typically dressed, but not always appropriately.  Breckin wore a hand me down CARS shirt to church today, hair all over the place because I can't seem to remember to call Stephanie for an appointment.  But I figured it was his birthday, so what they hey, wear your CARS shirt, jeans with permanent mud spots, and crazy hair.  Amberlie was well put together though, so that felt like a win.

If the hubs has dinner waiting on him, he would most likely faint.  And if it was edible, he would be out for two days. 

I got most of the Christmas decorations out of the house on January 7, so I was only a day late for Epiphany.  But they are all sitting in the garage, still completely put together.  Yes, I have 2 Christmas trees sans decorations upright in the garage.  At least they are in the garage as opposed to the one still in my bedroom and the itty bitty tiny one still in my bathroom.

And devotions?  I don't know how I missed it every single day starting with Friday.  WHAT? 

So yeah, no purging and no less of me but a wise young bird explained it to me like only she can.  I have said yes to too many things.  I know I know how to say no.  I have said it before.  So I tried to explain to her that I hadn't done that.  I told her I am only working on... and... and... and... and... and... and... and that isn't including what goes on in my own home, like cooking and cleaning and all the other fun stuff.  Like promoting trafficking awareness and fair trade.  Like raising money for Hayley's mission trip/six months abroad.

Yep.  She got me on that one.  And trust me she is queen of busy-ness.  She used to tell me she would sleep when she was dead.  Well my wise bird has a wise bird hubs who helps her decide when to say yes and when to say no.  I plan to really focus on that wisdom and attempt to apply it in my life. 

So, I still plan to purge.  I still plan to lose less of me.  But I also plan to gain more of my time back to do the things that are important to me.  My kids, my house, my sanity.  So while I spend the next 33 days trying to purge my material possessions and clean my house, I plan to purge the "extras" from my schedule.  As my wise young bird told me, " Just think if you say no to something, that is blessing someone else to jump into a role maybe they wouldn't have anyway."  Wise words, young one.  I'm gonna listen. 

So here goes...33 days til my 42nd birthday.  What can I do to lighten my load, bless others, and still serve my mighty God?  I guess I'm on a journey to discover.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment