Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Life in the City, part 3: The Sights

I have shown you the gorgeous mountain scenery, food, houses, etc.  This post will have some of the things I saw that were man-made.  Chiang Mai really is a beautiful city and there are so many unique things to see.  I know I barely even saw most of what it has to offer, but here is a tidbit for your enjoyment.



Not something you see every day in Thailand.
Playing music

Pictures of the king and sometimes his family adorned large signs hanging from the lamp posts all over the city


Gas station.  31.24 baht per whatever metric thing they buy

A temple on the other side of the canal

A temple on the other side of the canal


Super shiny gold and silver wall on the other side of the canal

Canal

Canal

Canal

Canal and the other side of the street


Bridge over the canal







The police were singing to raise money for something, but I can't remember what.  An orphanage maybe?



The king
Mickey-Ds!!!!  With a red song tao (transportation)

This just cracked me up.  Needless to say I didn't try it.
A song tao (red) and a tuk tuk (blue)




My lovely tour guides ~ Hayley, Kyli, and Rachel

a restaurant

PIZZA HUT!!!!!!!





A really cool store owned by an artist.  I would have loved to have had some of his paintings.  AWESOME.


On the side of the cool artist's shop

Temples, temples, and more temples.  And a watch tower.




Some of the art in that guy's awesome shop

Spooky.

Inside part of his store

More items in his shop

This just cracked me up.
Where he works on and stores his art.

Interesting fact.


No, these aren't all the sights, but all for this post.  Seriously.  I took well over a thousand pics.  There will be more.  Until then...so long.



No comments:

Post a Comment