Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm bored

Oh my goodness.  I love snow.  I really do.  I am a winter baby.  Love it.  Love Fall.  Fave time of the year is from September through February.  Without a doubt.  But old man winter is playing a joke on me this year.  Kind of like ~ watch what you wish for, I'm gonna give it to you in spades.  We have had more snow than I can remember in recent history, except maybe during that blizzard a couple of years ago.  We have also had the coldest temps I can remember.  And school was canceled a time or two in January.  Then four or five days in February.

I love my kids.  They are some precious little people.  I do realize that I was blessed abundantly by four kids who want to be good all the time and who truly understand the Bible or are striving to.  So let me just lay that out there.  I know I am blessed.  I know they are good.

I also know that I have two chatty-Cathy's living under my roof.  Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, blah, blah, blah, talk, talk.  All day long.  Sometimes loudly.  Sometimes quietly.  Sometimes to me, sometimes about me.  Before you get all "Gee, I wonder where they get it", yeah, I know, their DAD talks a lot too.  Okay, and maybe me too.  But still.  

Almost two years ago I made everyone downsize from the too-big-for-us-but-we-are-filling-it-up house to a way small one.  Did you know that when there is a snow day and they can't go outside, that our way small house is SMALLER?  Especially when mama is exhausted because she doesn't know how to sleep anymore?  Try four snow days and two weekend days in a 7 day period of time?  At one point I told A "Only boring people are bored.  Go to your room and use your imagination."  This is what she came up with.




After one of those many February snow days, I decided I was going to finally get around to doing an I'm bored jar that I had done research on.  The template I liked best I found at Shabby Beach Nest.  I read through her ideas and some could work and some couldn't.  I am so thankful she left some blank ones.  I thought up more of my own and included those.  So I worked on them.  They are done.  Now maybe there won't be so many "Mama, I'm bored" convos.  I am super excited to start using them with my kiddos.  And I made them just in time for the RiDiCuLoUs amount of snow they predicted for that next weekend (which didn't materialize).  Don't fret ~ there are some chores in there too.  Ha ha, you're bored?  It is called Idea Roulette {I'm so darn clever}.  You can't figure out how to use your imagination?  I'll help you.  Got a chore?  Too bad.  

Yeah, I'm mean like that.  But I bet a time or two of getting a chore will help encourage and grow the imaginations.




Love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment