Thursday, September 15, 2011

Is it enough? pt 2

Is it enough was too loaded for it to just have one post.  There are two aspects ~ am I doing enough?  And even if I am, are my "good works" alone enough?  No.

My first notes for this blog were written on August 2, with this scripture found in James 1:22: "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.”

That seems simple enough, but yet those four simple words "Do what it says" might be the four hardest words ever.  Love God. Love one another.  Be a servant. 

We know that no act by a human can be enough to fully render us worthy of God's grace.  But by faith, we can receive God's grace which will save us.  What does that mean we should do?

Is it enough that I am kind to others?
Is it enough that I go to church?

Is it enough that I try not to sin?
Is it enough that while I am at church, I am fully worshipping Him?
Is it enough that I try to be a good example?
Is it enough that I am trying to forgive when others break my heart?


The answer is still no.

Once salvation has changed your life, there is still much to do.  It isn't enough to just be saved and do nothing.  Are you truly saved if your life is unchanged and you do nothing for your neighbor?

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

In John 21:17, Jesus tells Peter to "Feed my sheep."

Matthew 28:18-20 reads: "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40


I have to stand for His name.  I have to reach out to those who are hurting, who are lost, who need hope.  I must not only love Him and believe in Him, I must put my words into actions.  If people cannot see Him through me, I am not doing enough. 

Jesus asked, "Do you love me? Feed my sheep."

Anyone can do any of those things I wrote above.  But only those truly committed to His ways can feed His sheep.  We have to reach all people, those of all walks of life, of all nationalities, of all religions.  We can't just walk around obeying laws and going to church on Sunday (although we need to do that also!!)  You can't be half in.  You gotta go All. The. Way.  I want to be one of those people that when I die, there is no question of which master I served.

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’  Matthew 25:21

<and as a side note, a really awesome song by one of my fave Christian groups MAYWOOD is "So-called Savior" - if you don't know them, FIND THEM!!You will be blessed!!>

1 comment:

  1. Great Post - As we fall more in Love with our Savior we are driven to want to do more for Him. Realizing that nothing we do will ever match up to his Awesome Love and Blessings. But even if we spent our day just loving on our babies and making dinner he would still Love us. Just as we Love our children if they accomplish a lot or a little. Ultimately we want our children to have a loving heart and the same is true for our heavenly father. So I urge you sister and friend to GO and DO but not be discouraged if you feel you have not done enough because in the end God sees your beautiful heart!

    ReplyDelete