Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 and Missions Craziness

2012 is an exciting year in our household.  Not only is it my first full year (from Jan to Dec) to be a stay at home mom/wife (God willing, of course), but members of my family are/were embarking on new adventures. 

Breckin started preschool last week two days a week.  He isn't sure what to think really, but totally loves being with Ammi.  He also became potty trained in about 3 days.  He still has stinky accidents, but the potty accidents are down to about one a week.

Amberlie is in preschool 5 days per week now, but in August will be starting kindergarten.  Where DOES the time go?

Jake took a challenge from my mother to pray about a mission trip.  He prayed for days about whether to go or not, then God promptly hit him in the head with the answer.  Literally.  So in July, Jake will go on his second mission trip.  He will be going with FBC youth and Puerto Rico friends to El Salvador.

Hayley already took her mission trip this year, January 2-20, to India.  She had a great time and God showed her a new way of missions.  He is so good!  She also will be working at KAA again this summer, helping those kids find and learn more about our loving God.  She is also applying for something else for next school year, but we are not ready to talk about that yet.

And, drum roll please...I have chosen to suck it up and get over my irrational phobia of flying over water.  I am going with FBC on a missions trip to London, England during the Summer Olympics.  I also agreed to take on the role of the Women's Ministry Leader. 

Michael has a lot in store this year as well, but I'm not aware of anything major on the horizon yet.  I know that He will work wonders in his life as well.

Please pray for our family as there are so many new things and mission trips this year.  It is amazing how God can use our small family to touch people from so many places: California, MO; El Salvador; India; London (where the whole world will be); Golden, MO (where inner city youth from all over will be). 

"...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  Joshua 24:15

No comments:

Post a Comment