Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Prayer

I have no idea what happened yesterday - why I didn't post.  I remember yesterday just fine, I just can't recall what happened last night.  I did journal about yesterday and about what I learned from a sweet child, but I'll not share it right now.

We had a great day yesterday, each of us doing the jobs we had been assigned during the morning Kids Holiday Club, then other jobs in the afternoon.  I got to play with the babies.  They are some precious sweet babies in that room.  But funny how I can raise four kiddos yet feel so confused about what is going on.  Raising a UK baby is just a little different - the way they do things - and I sure didn't want people looking at me like I was crazy. 

In the afternoon we learned how to make earrings (adults) and flowers out of water bottles (kiddos). 

Today, I had babies again - they are sweet!!  Then in the afternoon, Mary, Belinda, Lisa and I walked down to the village and took pics, shopped, ate, and exchanged money.  I used a British ATM to take out my American money.  That was a deal, but I figured it out!

Then I chilled on a sofa in our relaxing room and watched the Olympics and snoozed the rest of the afternoon.  When it was time, I went to my shift for the evening.  The event tonight was "Stop the Traffik" and it was amazing.  Another simple reminder that while we are all living our lives to the best of our abilities, every 30 seconds someone is trafficked.  We need to be forcing these companies who utilize products from those who traffick and force children and adults into slavery to stop it.  Hershey's is a big abuser.  This has to end.  It was a great night.

Over the last two days, we seem to be dropping like flies.  Fatigue, illness, injuries, and Satan's lies seem to be plaguing our team.  Please pray for our team that we can resist Satan.

James 4:7 reads "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

We are willing to submit to God's will for our lives.  Satan is working super hard because he knows his time is short and we are working on impacting the UK for God. 

Prayer requests:
  • Aaron (my little bro), Leslie, and Will
  • the Missouri team - all 23 of us - Justin, Jennifer, Adam, Scott, Mark, Brad, Kelli, Sonya, Lisa, Calvin, Phil, Tricia, Becky, Angela, Gene, Diane, Mary, Belinda, Derek, DJ, Pam, Steve, and me
  • for the people of Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, and all over the UK - that their hearts and minds will be open to the message of the gospel
  • that those who are ill are made well, those who are injured are healed, those who Satan is attempting to deceive will overcome
What a mighty God we serve, what a mighty God we serve
Angels bow before Him, heaven and earth adore Him
What a mighty God we serve.

So please be in prayer for the above.  That mighty God of ours will hear you and will grant us all peace.  Prayer prepares the way. 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment