Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Packing up

You know the day after Christmas when you look around at your house and realize it is over?  When everyone in your family is staring at you because they think it is time to take the trees and decorations down?

That is where I am right now.  The mission trip is over.  We went over there and did what we needed to do and celebrated God's mighty actions.  Then we came home.  Now I feel like everyone is staring at me to move on to the next phase...taking down the "tree". 

But I can't.  First, my body is not letting me.  Somehow it is still on UK time or something because I keep waking up at 1, then 3, and up by 4 a.m.  (7, 9, and 10 a.m. UK time).  I am moving in slow motion throughout the day and not a lot of house cleaning is getting done.

Secondly, and most importantly, while the trip is over, the mission is not.  I'm not really sure where I fit in the whole big picture, but I know that it isn't time for me to pack away the Greater European Mission (GEM, with whom we partnered).  Maybe I am just a continuous prayer partner, praying that God continues to touch the hearts and lives of those in the UK.  Maybe I am a prayer partner and future mission trip team member.  Maybe I have some other role.  I just don't know yet.  I do know that I'm not ready to pack it up and move on. 

Just like my Christmas trees that are up until January 6 (Epiphany), I just know it isn't time for packing away right after the trip is over.  My UK "tree" is going to continue to have a place in my heart and in my home until the day I know God has wrapped up my role in UK missions.  Then I will sadly, but surely, pack it away. 

Please join me in continuing to pray for God's work in the UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment