Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Navigator

I now have a GPS, whom I lovingly refer to as Garmin (yeah, original since it is a Garmin...), thanks to my wonderful ex-husband who tired of waiting for me to return it to him so he bought another one.  I love this little contraption because it saved me hours of being lost on my way to Tennessee and Virginia and back home.  I don't often have it on unless I am going a great distance but I feel secure knowing it is in the van with me.

This morning I was taking Jake to football practice at 6:00 a.m. (he has GOT to get his license) and was thinking of all the things I have to get accomplished today and the rest of the week.  I have been feeling a little down for the last several days (more on that another day) and am feeling anxious about some potential upcoming changes.  I was trying to decide what I should try to work on today when a light flashed in my eyes. 

I couldn't really see any lights from cars or anything else, so I looked around for what kept shining in my eyes.  Then I realized that the sun that was peeking up over the trees had caught the cross hanging from my rear view mirror and was reflecting onto the Garmin.  I looked at the light and realized that in my navigation system was a cross of light. 

I realize it was the sun and it was the cross and it was the Garmin, but it was also God.  He sent me a gentle reminder that I need to look to Him for my global positioning and my navigation.  It doesn't matter what I do today as long as I do it for His glory.  And I don't need to be anxious for changes ~ they are coming and I can't stop them but I can turn them over to Him and stop worrying about them.  Most importantly, I shouldn't be secure in navigational devices that can sometimes lead me astray, but I should follow God's path and allow Him to navigate my life.

Yes, I still have all these things to do.  God's gentle reminder was what I needed on this already super long day. 

Phillipians 4:6-7 reads: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.   And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

John 8:12 reads: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Need some great music? 

We Are by Kari Jobe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cX6SHtxeE

This Little Light of Mine by Addison Road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3YqLdqPiyk&list=PL0811F64F159D6DC5&index=55&feature=plpp_video

No comments:

Post a Comment