Monday, April 22, 2013

April date

April was a surprise.  At the end of February I decided to change April date so I removed the previous April date, but did not put the new one in.  In early March I purchased the tickets for the date and hid them in plain sight for about 6 weeks.  I made all the preparations, including a place to stay the night before, an out of town babysitter, preparations at home, snacks, people to cover at church, etc.  He didn't know where we were going or even that it was this last weekend.  I had told him we would do date night next weekend.  It was a secret.  Until 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

Then the man started thinking.  WHY does he do that??

He was thinking this last week that he would like to go to the NASCAR race in Kansas but when he looked it up, he knew we couldn't get the tickets in that short amount of time.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Then Friday night was movie night at the Traver house with all five of us lounging around in front of the tv watching Rise of the Guardians.  We had tacos for dinner.  Michael got "hot sauce in his eyes" (his way of saying he cried during the movie).  Then we went to bed after it was over.  Some time in the middle of the night his stupid belly started hurting (ha ha, you are welcome Michael...) and at 2:30 a.m. he figured it out.  I was taking him this weekend to the race. 

DANG IT!!

Oh well, with the secrecy gone, we went about our Saturday and started packing.  I had to go to food pantry first - this is my fave day every month.  And Jay at UMC gave me an opportunity for summer that I am super excited about, but I won't go into details here.  This is all about Mr. Traver.

We left home Saturday around 6:30 and got to Lathrop at 11:30.  I kid you not.  5 hours to go 2.5 hours.  I won't even elaborate.

Sunday morning came, we dropped off the kiddos with Darcie Sellers (lifesaver!!) and off to Kansas we went.

I'd love to say we took lots of pics, but between the two of us we managed to bring 4 sets of dead or almost dead batteries.  Yep, that's how we roll.  So we have a few.  I looked like I was going to a Mizzou game with my MU tshirt, MU sweatshirt, MU visor, MU sunglasses, and MU cooler.  And the funny thing?  I didn't plan that.  It just happened.
 


 Tate somebody sang national anthem















There was a KLOVE car!






 
 
Race was good, I read a book, slept through 50 laps.  Then Michael woke me up to tell me he was going to the bathroom.  Within seconds from leaving, everyone around me stood up and clapped and yelled then grabbed their stuff and started leaving.  Yep, the man got up to go to the bathroom on the last lap.  I had to tell him on the way back to the van who won.  Ha.  But it was still a great time and we learned a lot.  Don't need a lot of food or drink because you will not eat it.  It is much too exciting to eat.  Or you're asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment