Friday, July 26, 2013

Sprinkle Dust magnets

Don't ask why I am remembering to blog this week.  Three whole blog posts!  Maybe my inner turmoil is needing release and since my words would be too high level for the littles and Sissy is in Thailand, I am yapping it up on here.

Today is a rainy, fairly cool day.  Of course, it still feels humid, ridiculously humid.  The kind of humid that still makes you want your air on.  But alas, it isn't.  What to do with these littles?  They are about to drive me stir crazy!  In most of the week due to the heat, then today due to the rain.

So I pulled out a craft idea.  Needless to say, the kiddos loved it and we even got Big J in on the action.  Woo hoo.  Win, win!

 
First I got the glass stones out and had B organize into big and little.  Go mama with the little bit of school work I put in there while I got the rest of it ready.  Just needed mod podge, brushes, and unicorn and fairy sprinkle dust (aka glitter).  I couldn't find my big, brand new bottle of mod podge, so I made some homemade.  I don't know why I was so chicken before.  Super simple and super cheap!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After they dried, we glued magnets to the back and buh-bam! fun little magnets.  And it took the littles some time and concentration and creativity.  Fun craft.  AND with all the unicorn and fairy sprinkle dust floating around and landing in koolaid, potty breaks will be much more exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment